Meffert Oil, Inc. offers a world of opportunities for individuals that work on and off the road. You can expect world-class training, the flexibility to realize your full potential, and a reward and benefits package that are second-to-none. We are in the business of going above and beyond, solving a key problem and putting the customer first. We are looking for forward thinking team members who want to be part of a growth focused, family run business.Fill out an application Download our Benefits information
Job Title: Car Wash Attendant
Reports To: Carwash Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Exempt
Revised Date: November 2021
Summary: Reporting to the Carwash Manager, the Car Wash Attendant is responsible for daily operations, cleanliness of facilities, and sales performance at the car wash operated by Meffert Oil.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Car Wash Attendant:
- Ensure car wash cleanliness and completion of task lists.
- Increase sales by promoting car wash services to local businesses and fleets
- Ability to understand rules and safety regulations including but not limited to:
- Safety Awareness
- Building and Grounds Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Coordinating maintenance and/or repairs to rectify safety hazards
- Wait on customers as traffic warrants, including relieving staff to work on tasks or take breaks
- Ensure the vacuuming area and hoses are properly maintained at all times
- Removal of garbage to designated dumpsters
- Always maintain a friendly working environment for customers and co-workers
- Ability to fix small mechanical issues, will be taught these basic maintenance issues prior to solo shift.
Supervisory Responsibilities of the Car Wash Attendant: This job is responsible for supervising no personnel.
Qualifications of the Car Wash Attendant:
- One-year of supervisory experience, preferably in a retail environment, preferred
- One-year of sales experience, preferably in a retail environment, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate a computer to draft and send communications and complete work duties using company programs and applications
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to service and assistance requests
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions
- Teamwork – Puts success of team above own interest; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires trust of others; upholds organizational values; keeps commitments; works ethically with integrity
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of the status or position
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, have repetitive motion of fingers, hands, and wrists, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.,
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability/ Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations and Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance